Cleveland Scoop

No, this post isn't related to the Mitchell's ice-cream I ate last night. But I can confirm that their seasonal Peanut Butter Chocolate Covered Pretzel yogurt is AMAZING. Did I mention Mitchell's is in walking distance of our house? Ugh....
This is actually much more exciting than ice-cream. While getting my haircut yesterday, I got some scoop on Cleveland - specifically West 25th. I knew about most of these but all the chatter got me really excited so I thought I'd share for those that weren't in the know.

Coming Soon!!!
Market Garden Brewery & Distillery
Same owners as Bier Markt, Bar Cento, & Speakeasy so you know it will be good. Supposedly, it's going to be similar to a traditional Beer Garden (like in Germany). Basically an open-air area where beer & local food are served. The rumors are flying and I hear it might have a retractable roof? Probably a smart idea for a Cleveland Beer Garden. Location: 1947 West 25th Street (right next to the West Side Market)

SOHO Kitchen
Chef Nolan Konkoski (same Chef as Tartine Bistro, which we love!) is taking over the former Lelolai Bakery (which is actually very sad, because they closed after 10 years and that was one of our favorite lunch spots). But, I'm excited about SOHO (short for Southern Hospitality) which is supposed to open by late summer. Who in Cleveland doesnt' want a little Creole and BBQ?!?! Location: 1889 West 25th Street

Crop Bistro (is moving to W. 25th)
As listed on their website:  
It’s official, Crop will be open through the end of April on West 6th Street so that we can focus on getting ready for our next chapter. Thank you to all of our customers and friends  for just shy of four great years in the Warehouse District.  We truly appreciate your unwavering support that has made us successful. Please check back for details about our opening in Ohio City later this summer.  
New Location: 2537 Lorain Avenue (on the corner of W. 25th & Lorain, across from the West Side Market)

West 25th has so much goodness already, I can't wait for these spots to open up. Talking with my friend Chris (Cleveland native, Temporary NY'er) he said, how great would it be to have juices at the Beer Garden & walk over the bridge to the Tribe game? Yes, please.

Can't wait!!!