Diaper Cake

I was wrapping a present last night for our friends who recently had a baby and it reminded me of a diaper cake I made for a baby shower last year (with the help of my Aunt Char - who showed me the best technique using round cake pans). I had SO much fun making this thing and it was super easy. What cracks me up is they actually sell diaper cakes online, some cost $50 plus! I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure I made mine for $15 or less. If you're hosting a shower, it's not only a great take home for the Mom-to-be but it's also great decoration. I used mine on the desert table.



This shower happened to be hosted by one of our single guy friends so I jumped in where I could to help make it baby and not bachelor. I strongly suggest if you're hosting a shower to give the diaper cake a try. I picked up the white cake plate from Marcs for $1.99 (again, thanks to my A.Char) which was a nice touch and again, the Mom-to-be can take that home.