Double Up, Double Up

It's show time folks. I'm starting a new GM blog tradition: Movie Mondays!!! Who doesn't need a little Movie action to start off the week? We have a saying, "Double Up, Double Up" (and no, it's not in reference to Double Cheeseburgers). It's what we chant say as we're walking out of the theatre after we just saw a show and then we decide to turn back around, walk right back in, and go to another. Double Up, Double Up. Two movies, back to back. Strange, I know.

We are definitely not Ebert & Roeper and what we like, may not be your fancy. But the one thing we do is see a wide variety. And, since getting our ipads and our online TV, we've been excessively "netflixing" & "blockbustering" everything (as anyone who uses netflix online knows, the Instant viewing options are as random as can be, so we've been watching a lot of things we might not normally). I actually watched a foreign sub-titled film the other night.

Anyways, don't worry, Movie Mondays will be short and sweet and we won't bother with too many details. And I'm sure there will be times as soon as you read the title, you'll shout - Seen It!

So here it goes, the first Movie Monday in no particular order (which is jam-packed since it rained all weekend in Cleveland).

Sleepers
How have I never seen this? Disturbing but GREAT flick. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend. The cast alone is worth it. Brad Pitt, Robert De Niro, Minnie Driver, Kevin Bacon, Dustin Hoffman and a slue of others.












Inside Job
Persuasive documentary about the 2008 collapse. It won an Oscar for best documentary but I actually fell asleep. I guess if you're in the dark on the ins and outs of what happened it would be worth seeing.













Bridesmaids
In theatres now and worth going to. I thought it was funny.












Justin Beiber Never Say Never
I had to beg Rick to rent this one. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for documentaries. This one is definitely not for everyone. I'd save it for the night you have to babysit your tween niece.












Full Metal Jacket
Although I had never seen this movie before, I could quote it (thanks to a song by 2LiveCrew). Rent it.